Take the #GetUpsideDown Challenge at Dairy Queen

“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Dairy Queen. I received a product sample and promotional item to thank me for my participation.”

Daughter Holding Blizzard from Dairy Queen #GetUpsideDown

We finally are experiencing nice weather in Georgia so that means that me and the kids can spend most of our time outside. When we’re home I’m grilling out, playing basketball, throwing the football around or doing some yardwork. When we have kids over I usually like to take them to Dairy Queen because all kids and grown-ups love ice cream and Blizzards. On the first pretty day that’s exactly where we headed with my daughters, niece and little cousin to play and order Oreo Blizzards. In partnership with Oreo, America’s favorite cookie and key ingredient in one of DQ’s best-selling Blizzard treats of all time. This month, Dairy Queen is celebrating their 75th Fanniversary where they’re highlighting its Blizzard treat and telling you to #GetUpsideDown. You’re probably asking, how do you #GetUpsideDown? That means hen you visit their local DQ restaurant and order any Blizzard treat during the month of April, it will be served upside down or it’s free on their next visit. During the month of April, Dairy Queen invites America to its employees’ flip skills and reach 15 million Blizzard treat flips throughout the month. They are confident it can be done because of the thickness of the Blizzards and that Dairy Queen invented soft serve which eventually led to the thick and creamy Blizzard treat.

Oreo Blizzard #GetUpsideDown

Anytime there’s a mention of Dairy Queen it brings great memories because I actually there in high school for almost 2 years and loved every minute of it. My kids are actually jealous because they talk about how nice everyone is and of course, having access to Blizzards all the time. My favorite has always been the Oreo Blizzard ever since I was a kid and now my kids love them also. Dairy Queen has partnered with Oreo to show off its thick, creamy soft serve by flipping the treats upside down.

Kids at Diary Queen

Join other Dairy Queen fans to talk about your experience by liking their Facebook page and also following them on Twitter. Are you a fan of Dairy Queen? I know you are, so head down to the comments section below and leave a reply to tell me what you think about the Blizzard. Also, head over to Dairy Queen to take the #GetUpsideDown challenge, don’t be afraid like my daughter up above and enjoy the Blizzard.

Signature

Please follow and like us:
error0

Comments

1. Fi Ní Neachtáin says

Aww we don’t have any Dairy Queens or any chain like it here in Ireland. Now I want some ice-cream though! 🙂

2. I forgot that Dairy Queen did that! How fun! I remember them always flipping the cup upside down before handing it to me.

3. We don;t have Dairy Queen in the UK although now I wish we did! I love that challenge, the little ones must think it’s brilliant!

4. tammilee Tips says

Oh my gosh I was so excited they started this back up!! I loved this when I was younger at Dairy Queen!

5. We love going to Dairy especially when we are craving for their super tasty chicken! I have never tried their blizzard yet.

6. I’ve always liked Dairy Queen. The one near my house closed down and it was terrible! Luckily, they built a new one and I was in the drive through line that was wrapped around the building the first day it opened. lol Gotta love those blizzards and hunger busters!

7. Felice Raina says

I so wish I eat ice cream. I swear sorbet is amazing but a good ice cream cone really satisfies you on a hot summer day. I normally just take the kids I nanny to baskin robbins and they have ice cream and i just get a fruit smoothie ♥

8. I love dairy queen and it’s really cool that it doesn’t fall off even when you turn it upside down. I also like their flavors.

9. Michelle Hwee says

I love the concept of this 🙂 I have seen quite a few commercials on it! Too bad there really isn’t a DQ nearby 🙁 I love the shakes!!

10. What a fun challenge! I really love DQ shakes, but I didn’t know they really stayed upside down like that!

11. Rebecca Swenor says

This is truly an awesome challenge indeed and I would love to do this some day. We don’t have a Dairy Queen around our area but when we go out of town to see my sister we always stop at Dairy Queen for a treat. Thanks for sharing.

12. I don’t even remember the last time that I went to Dairy Queen! This looks good…too bad I don’t eat dairy anymore!

13. This made me want some ice cream! LOL. I’ll have to find out if there is a Dairy Queen in my area.

14. I saw a commercial for this. I wondered if it really was true or had some fine print to it.

15. We’re so lucky to have a Dairy Queen near us. We go all the time to get Blizzards. Even in the winter! They’re just so good.

16. Stephanie Alo says

We just got a Dairy Queen around the corner! I am totally going to have to try this out. A shake sounds soooo good right now.

17. SHUT UP! DAIRY QUEEN? I have one of those in our neighborhood and my biggest downfall is ice cream. This is wild. My favorite is cookies and cream or is it called cookie doh and cream.. oh my gosh that is soooooooooooooo good. aughhhhhhhh I think I just gained ten lbs. thinking about it. bwhahahahaha

18. My son and I love blizzards. It is soo yummy and perfect for our hot weather here in the Philippines.