Do you suffer from poor sleep? I know I have had points in my life where I have just not been able to get a good night’s sleep, whether it takes me a really long time to fall asleep resulting in me not getting a proper amount of sleep, or I have also had issues of waking up multiple times throughout the night. Broken sleep is so hard on your body because you never truly go into REM sleeping which is when your body is the most rested and will result in your feeling refreshed and revived. You could be suffering with poor sleep because of your before bed habits. I’ve compiled a list of a few things that are good for you to have a good sleep schedule.
1. Relax: I think that it is extremely important to relax and wind down for the day before going to bed. I find myself not being able to fall asleep very easily if I just finish my activities for the day and go right to bed. My body tends to still be in action mode and I just cannot get to sleep as quickly as I would like. This is why I like to wind down by watching my favorite TV shows or reading a book.
2. Workout: I like to get a very small workout in at the end of my day! I just do something as simple as some nice stretching and doing a few sit ups. This just helps me to feel better about myself knowing that I am giving myself a bit of a workout, even if it is just something as simple as that.
3. Disconnect: I like to distant myself from any electronics or social media for the hour before I plan to go to bed. As much as I love being connected to the internet through social media, I think too much of anything can be bad for you. I like to separate myself from real life and any drama going on in the world before I go to bed, it helps to keep me really relaxed and I find I get a better night’s sleep.
4. Write in a Journal: Writing in a journal is probably my favorite thing to do because I get to reflect on what happened throughout the day. This helps me to feel better about anything bad that may have happened to me throughout the day and also helps me to enjoy the good things that have happened to me throughout the day.
5. Make a To Do List for the Next Day: Lastly, I love to make a to do list for the next day. This helps me to not feel crazed about what is going to happen tomorrow, I have things to look forward to and overall, this helps me to rest and have a really good night’s sleep.
I promise you, these little habits will definitely help you to feel better at night and sleep better throughout the night. A good night’s sleep is essential for our bodies to feel good and to revive and get energized for the next day!