If there would be one beach I would visit every year, it would be Daytona Beach. Not only is it a destination that’s great for couples, but it’s also a place for outdoor fun, and has plenty of kid friendly options. I don’t know if you remember, but Daytona has always been the original American beach. Almost everyone has heard of Daytona Beach at some point or another. Have you ever been to Daytona Beach? If not, I wanted to share the top 10 reasons to visit Daytona Beach on your next vacation.
- Daytona Beach is an excellent fall getaway. If you’re looking for a place to getaway this fall, there are awesome Fall Festivals awaiting you!
- Daytona Beach is a prime spot for couples who want to getaway. If you’re looking for a spot to hang out without the kids for a few days, this is it!
- Daytona Beach has 23 miles of sparkling white sand. Seriously, the sand goes on forever, it’s gorgeous.
- Daytona Beach hosts more than 50 festivals a year and some of the best festivals happen during the fall months!
- There’s a must attend Greek Festival with lots of dancing and yummy gyros. Mmmm gyros, one of my favorites.
- The Daytona Blues Festival is also a popular festival, here you will find an awesome line of up blues greats performing at the beloved Jackie Robinson Park.
- Art lovers will be excited to know that there’s a festival just for them, also known as the Halifax Art Festival.
- Daytona Beach is also the home of the Daytona Turkey Run at Daytona International Speedway.
- Daytona Beach is known as being the festival capital of Florida. Always something to do or see and you never run out of options.
- Daytona Beach is also very kid friendly and perfect for your next family vacation!
This list only included 10 of the top reasons to visit Daytona Beach, but of course there are many more reasons. There are a ton of free things to do in Daytona Beach, which equals a ton of indoor and outdoor fun. What are you waiting for? the beach awaits you!
As a kid, I remember this being the place we always visited as a family every other summer. Now that I have my own family, we’ve had the pleasure of visiting Daytona Beach a few times and we’re planning to make the trip again this coming spring to stay around three days. The first day after arriving in Daytona Beach will be spent relaxing on the beach, there’s nothing better to do than chilling on the beach. The second day would be spent doing some site seeing because there’s a lot to see like the Jackie Robinson Ballpark & Statue, African American Museum of the Arts and the Turnbull Ruins-Old Fort Park. Like any of our family trips, we usually let the kids decide how we spend the final day of our vacation, but we choose the restaurant the final day because the kids choose the first couple of days.
Visit Daytona Beach today!
If you’re interested in visiting Daytona Beach, you can start planning your trip and receive a travel guide right here.