It’s a New Year, which means we naturally want to focus on our health. One thing I’ve noticed and the experts have confirmed is that a healthy body is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise. Since I’m so busy and need to be healthy, I’m very focused on what I’m eating. Check out my go to snacks for healthy eating.
1. Peanuts-This is my main go to for healthy eating snacks because of the protein and peanuts are easy to eat. I can put them in my bag and I’m good to go whenever I feel hungry. I’ve noticed that peanuts really do sustain me and keep me full until it’s time for a meal.
2. Cheese- Yes, cheese is very satisfying and yummy and a favorite around here. After we head to the grocery store, you will notice our fridge is stocked with cheese. It’s just the perfect snack and it has room in a healthy diet.
3. Apple or Banana- Since the goal is to eat healthy, I love to pack snacks or keep food around that doesn’t require refrigeration. And I’m more likely to eat something that I see, which is why I keep those healthy fruits lying around. Plus, bananas and apples taste great, especially if you pair them with peanut butter. This is definitely one of the snacks that the kids love too.
4. Eggs- Is there anything better than boiling eggs? They make a delicious and very healthy snack that is conducive to a healthy lifestyle. Eggs are great because you can eat them scrambled, hard boiled, fried, or even deviled.
5. Berries- A handful of berries and you will be in healthy eating world. Berries are packed with antioxidants and your body will love them. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries are all great options when it comes to getting a healthy snack in.
6. Oatmeal– Ah yes, one of the overlooked healthy snacks, but a great one. Oatmeal is so quick and easy to make, but it’s also budget friendly. You can make it warm or turn it into energy balls or even muffins. If you’re looking for something new to add to your snack routine, you’ll definitely want to check out your options regarding oatmeal.
7. Veggie tray- If you’re trying to eat healthier snacks, note that veggies are always a great option. When paired with a low fat dressing, you will be in healthy eating heaven.
Eating healthy really is all about mind over matter. You don’t have to sacrifice taste to eat healthier. What is your healthy go to snack?