If you’ve ever used any sort of internet-connected device before, you’re likely already familiar with the terms “hack” and “virus.” This is because hackers and viruses, alongside other forms of malware, are the biggest threat to internet-connected devices across the globe. With a well-placed virus or some practiced skills, hackers can access your personal data through your computer and use it for their own purposes. Or, they can simply destroy your computer from the inside-out.
However, many of the most tech-savvy people don’t realize that your mobile phone, while much smaller than a computer, is in the same danger as your average computer. If your phone is connected to the internet, then there’s a chance you could encounter these same problems. That’s why having an app for mobile antivirus on your smartphone is always an excellent idea. If you find the right app, you should be getting much more than just a virus-fighting app as well, and may expect features like:
- The ability to protect your phone from theft by locking it down, preventing thieves from accessing your important personal data.
- Tracing a lost or stolen phone via Google Maps to make recovery swift and easy.
- The ability to scan your Wi-Fi networks to check for any encryption errors, which is one major way for hackers to work their way into your system from even the most remote of locations.
- The ability to lock apps that might contain sensitive information, like your banking apps, credit card apps and even important email accounts you might be using for business purposes.
- Battery and storage monitoring and optimization to help your phone run smoother and longer.
- A private, password-protected vault to hide your photos in, away from prying eyes.
Each of these features can help to improve your experience with your smartphone overall, and help to make your experience as an owner more secure by far. Getting the right mobile antivirus app can help keep hackers and viruses at bay, while providing you with everything you need to boost your phone’s performance.