If you are a golfer, you know that choosing the right golf bag can be a challenge. There are many things to consider before purchasing a bag and one of the best ways to find the best golf carry bags is to do proper research. We have compiled several tips to selecting the best bag for your needs.
- Type of bag. There are many types of golf bags on the market today. You will first need to decide if you want a carry bag, bag with a stand, travel bag, cart or tour bag. Carry bags tend to be the lightest weight and are the easiest to transport around the golf course. If you prefer to walk the golf course instead of sitting in a cart all day, a carry bag is the best option for you. Be sure to check for comfortable straps before you buy.
- Weight. A carry bag is typically at lightest option when it comes to golf bags. However, if you hire a caddy or a cart and weight is not an issue, a bag with a stand may be helpful. If you are going to be transporting a lot of clubs and other miscellaneous items, you will want to consider a cart or tour bag. Keep in mind that a cart or tour bag will be the heaviest option.
- Pockets. The reason that you will want pockets in your golf bag is to provide places to store items. For example, if bringing along a cold-water bottle is a priority, you should look for a bag that offers an insulated pocket so that you can keep your water bottle cold throughout the game. Other pockets are useful for items such as but not limited to your keys, wallet, smartphone, or spare change.
- Dividers. Let’s face it, the main reason you are investing in a golf bag is to transport your clubs. The dividers are a crucial aspect of your bag and you will need to decide how many compartments you want it to have. Keep in mind that a golf bag can have between 1 and 15 dividers. Be sure to look at the length of the dividers as some may be full-length while others could be shorter. If you are a casual golfer, you will likely need to have less dividers whereas those who play more often or professionally, will prefer the most dividers. Keep in mind that while it may be enticing to have more dividers, this means that you will likely carry more items which means the bag will be heavier.
- Budget. Finally, be sure that you check your finances to ensure that you can afford the bag that you desire. It would put a damper on your golf game if you purchased a great bag but then were unable to pay for green fees or other necessities.
By keeping these simple tips in mind, you will surely be able to find the best golf bag for your needs and future goals.