Have you ever stopped to think critically about the role that plumbing plays in your home? Well, if not, this is the time to beware of the vital role it plays. Proper and well-done plumbing systems ensure that your home’s drainage works appropriately and that all the wastes are safely eliminated and conducted to the right channels. In this article, you’ll find out more about definitive plumbing as well as seven simple remedies that will assist you in unclogging your home’s drainage. Read through for more.
One of the things that shock many homeowners and tenants alike is clogged drains. We all know the tell-tale signs; water pooling around your feet in the bathroom, the kitchen sink taking too long to drain, to mention a few. These are indications that your house may soon turn into a swimming pool if you do not make the right decision. If you have ever faced such circumstances, then this article has you covered. Below are some of the seven easy ways that you can use to unclog your drains seamlessly.
- Pouring Hot Water– this is arguably the cheats and most common techniques that I have seen most people use to unclog their drains. It doesn’t get any easier than this method. You will have to boil the right amount of water in your kettle and pour it in stages on your clogged drain. As you pour the water, allow it a few moments to work its wonders, probably two to three seconds is enough. If you succeed with this method, you can go ahead and reward yourself with a hot cup of coffee if there’s any water left.
- The Bent Wire Hanger-this is another easy hack that you can use to remove all the gunk and nasty stuff that has clogged your precious drain. However, you should take cautions to do it in a way that you’ll end up fishing the residue out, not pushing them in. When you’ve settled on this method, you can use your old hanger as the tool for the job.
In so doing, you’ll have to straighten the old coat hanger and give it a slight bend to make a hook at its end, one that can enable it to pass through the drain. After you’re done fishing the entire residue out, you can go ahead and pour hot water on the drainage to wash away all the remaining junk.
- Caustic Soda– you can get some caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) from your local hardware store or pharmacy for use in unclogging your drain. Most importantly though is to remember to handle it with care since it is corrosive to the skin. Try to wear both eye and hand protection.
When using this method, pour approximately 3 cups of caustic soda into a three-quarter gallon of cold water and stir thoroughly. You will notice the resulting mixture of fizzing and heating up. Afterward, pour the mix straight into the drain and leave it for about 20 to 30 minutes. After that, you can increase the effect by pouring hot water to flush down the mixture.
- The Wet and Dry Vacuum– one of the best ways that you can also use to unclog a drain is a wet and dry vacuum. Although this method may not be the best, it can also go a long way in helping you get rid of that gunk that has clogged your drains. Thirty set the vacuum to vacuum fluids. In doing so, ensure that you cover up the vent to prevent a mess. You can then cover the drain using the tightest seal. You can then suck up all the trash from the pipe using the vacuum when you’ve set it to the highest rating.
- Cleaning the Pipe– maybe unknown to many people, you can also undo your pipe blockage by merely removing the individual pipes and cleaning them. Ensure that you place a bucket below the sink to collect all the waste that will come out. You can make use of a plumber’s wrench to loosen the slip nuts at either side of the pipe. After freeing the sewers, turn them upside down and empty their content on the bucket that you had placed below the sink.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar– not only is this a cheap method to unlock your drain but also an effective one. Start by mixing the third cup of vinegar with a third cup of baking soda in a measuring tumbler. Purr it down the drain immediately it begins to fizzle. The resulting reaction is enough to remove all the grime that had clogged the drainage.
- Dish Detergent– using it is an effective way to unclog your toilet. Begin by pouring a quarter cup of detergent used in washing dishes inside the toilet bowl. It acts as a lubricant to eliminate all the grime in the drainage. Immediately after that pour hot water inside the container and start plunging. The resulting action will do the job in a matter of minutes.
If your kitchen, toilet or shower drainage is clogged and you want to get the job done yourself without calling a plumber, then the methods stated above will work wonders. However, ensure that you take the necessary precautions when unclogging your drains. Such may include wearing gloves as well as goggles for eye protection.
However, if you are unable to do the work yourself, you can go ahead and call licensed and professional plumbers who’ll be glad to assist you.
What are some of the Services that are offered by Plumbing Experts?
The gas services offered to pertain to both residential and commercial properties. Some of the additional services that are provided that also involve gas use are included below:
- Gas-piping installation
- Tank-type water heaters
- Tankless water heaters- these have proven to be one of the best ways to conserve water, especially in large buildings. Tankless water heaters are indeed a lifesaver when it comes to modern living.
- Gas Installation services at both small scale and large scale proportions
- Conversions of gas appliance
- Installations of natural gas as well as propane piping systems
- Repairing any leaks or damages within your gas plumbing
- Reconfiguring your devices to make them work with natural gas
- Commercial pipe-ins
- Gas installations and repair services in commercial spaces such as restaurants and hotels.
Indeed, contemporary living has created more need to use gas in a wide variety of places. As such, more and more homes need gas installations and repair services. Therefore, if you own or run such spaces, you’ll need the services of qualified contractors to do quality work for you.
Some of the places that will need gas installations services are listed below:
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Gas lines for stoves
- Gas tiki torches
- Gas lights
- Pool heaters
- HVAC systems
- New construction
- Gas water heaters
What are some of the Benefits that you get by enlisting the Services of Qualified Gas Contractors?
From the above revelations, it is crystal clear that you should never take corners when it comes to carrying out gas installation and repair work. When faced by any action relating to gas installations, you should never hesitate to procure the services of professionals. Those with additional skills and long work experience would also come in handy.
What should you do In Case of Gas Leak?
With many homes and business premises using gas as a form of energy in the modern age, is commonplace for gas leaks to occur every once in a while. With that in mind, you should always take the required precautions when handling gas and even more caution when a leak takes place. Below are some of the precautions you should take in case of a gas leak:
- Ensure that you vacate the facility with immediate effect and contact your gas company when in a safe location.
- Do not light a match, candle or even smoke or any flame when there’s a leak
- Call 911 immediately after vacating the premises
- Do not start your car’s engine or also use your telephone- such actions could cause sparks which can eventually trigger a fire.
- Never turn electrical devices such as switches on or off
- Never attempt to repair the damage that has occurred yourself, always call professional
The Final Word
Plumbing is vital to a building and plays a significant role in ensuring the well-being of a building’s occupants. Therefore, the seven tips provided above, as well as precautions to take when dealing with gas plumbing, will ensure that you enjoy the peace and tranquility of your home.