The greatest selection of boats and watercraft in the Southeast will be featured at the Progressive Insurance Atlanta Boat Show, Georgia’s premier boating event, at the Georgia World Congress Center Jan. 15 – 18, 2015. The entire family can enjoy special attractions such as the new Robo Surfer- Surfing Simulator and Let’s Go Fishing Center, while discovering deals on hundreds of the latest boats and accessories, making the annual event a one-stop-shop for aquatic adventures, from fishing and sailing to powerboats and pontoons.
“With the passion for boating continuing to grow in Georgia, we’re proud to announce a 15 percent growth in the 2015 Progressive Insurance Atlanta Boat Show, as well as new features for all to enjoy, including the Robo Surfer and a special Family Night to launch this year’s show,” said Larry Berryman, show manager. “The ongoing momentum for boating has led to not only an increase in quality time on the water for 89 million Americans, but also contributions to the Georgia economy through 6,000 jobs and almost $400 million in the sales of boats, engines, trailers and accessories for the State in 2013.”
DISCOVER the Southeast’s most expansive array of watercraft.
• From paddleboats and pontoons to extravagant yachts, fishing vessels and powerboats for skiers to take on the wake, the Progressive Insurance Atlanta Boat Show will showcase more than 500 boats, the Southeast’s largest selection, with a wide variety of options for each visitor to fit their niche.
• In addition to exhibitors offering some of their largest discounts of the year, Discover Boating’s Welcome to the Water Center offers expertise on selecting the watercraft that is best for one’s interest as well as budget, with plans for less than $250 a month.
• Returning from winning a seventh world championship, the Miss GEICO racing team will introduce its newest offshore racing boat. Made of carbon and Kevlar, the 50-ft. Victory catamaran weighs six tons and runs on 1,650 RACE Sterndrive Mercury Racing piston–powered engines that generate 3,000 horsepower, leading to speeds of more than 200 mph. See her in action.
EXPERIENCE interactive fun and unique activities for the whole family.
• Hang ten without the water on the new Robo Surfer—Surfing Simulator. This mechanical surf board gives riders the chance to test their skills as if they’re riding real waves, right on the show floor. Surfers can have the board adjusted to different levels of difficulty, making it fun for beginners or professionals from the pipeline. Should they wipe out, they’ll fall into a sea of inflatable waves. Open to anyone 40 inches or taller!!
• Little ones can have fun in the deep blue sea without any worries about getting splashed at the Sea House Bounce Park. They can jump about among an “ocean” of friends including a giant whale and octopus, and slide down the “plank” of a pirate ship.
• Saturday and Sunday from 12-4 p.m., children can meet their favorite adventurer, Dora the Explorer, as she comes to discover all the new and exciting offering at the Show.
GET SCHOOLED in new boating and fishing skills.
• Catch the latest tips on how to enhance angling techniques at The Let’s Go Fishing Center. Top fishermen and guides will share their expertise on both salt and freshwater fishing during hourly seminars, or attendees can chat one on one with local fishing clubs and organizations. Little ones will have the chance to take on a rod & reel at the Catch and Release Trout Pond.
• Stop by for a DIY download at the perennial handyman haven, Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center, as certified Marine Technician “Fred” and “The Boating Guy” share 50 years of experience in quick fixes, tools and techniques on actual boat and motor cutaways. Learn how to maintain, repair or upgrade a boat or motor, then put newfound knowledge to the test during a hands-on clinic, complete with discussions and Q&A sessions.
• Sailors of all skill sets can attend seminars hosted by Windsong Sailing Academy. Complimentary classes at both introductory and advanced levels will be offered.
“Every year more Georgians are discovering the joys of life on the water. It’s exciting to see the growth of the boat show, the return of familiar faces, and new boating fans,” Berryman noted. “We have more boats and accessories than ever, making the 2015 show the ideal event for anyone considering buying a boat, whether they’re beginning boaters or have weathered their fair share of waves. This is a great time to leave the chills of winter behind and start thinking of enjoying the summer sun on the water.”
Here’s your chance to go to the Atlanta Boat Show on Sunday by winning a pair of tickets!!