I don’t know about your household, but when the big game rolls around, we all seem to orbit around it. There are several things we do to get ready for big games in our house. I thought I’d pass on the some of our best tips, so you can get the most out of your game day.
Lots of Food
I have to say that our big game days are focused around food. We love having chips, dip, veggie trays, meat trays, and several desserts on hand. I really try to make enough food, so we can focus on the game at hand!
Plenty of Seats
It’s not often that we watch the game alone, which is why it’s important to have enough seats for everyone. We have several metal chairs that I’ve made cushions for. Our guests can just grab those chairs and we have an easy seating solution.
The Slingbox 500
When it comes to watching the big games, we rely on the Slingbox 500. My whole family loves the idea behind the Slingbox500. It’s also simple. You’re already paying for cable, so you might as well take advantage of the games you have access to on any TV in the house. The Slingbox 500 lets you watch live and recorded shows, movies and sports. No extra cable subscription, no monthly fees! You can stream them all through a single interface and watch them on your phone, tablet, computers and other TVs.
The Slingbox 500 also lets you access sports while traveling: you can watch any game on your iPhone®, watch MLB internationally on your Android™, or NHL internationally on your tablet. You get the idea, right? It’s awesome to have access to several games at once.
Not a sports fanatic? You can still access local news internationally, watch pre-recorded shows on the subway, or watch home entertainment in your second home. It’s an exciting time to be alive, TV-watchers.
Here are several other awesome features of the Slingbox 500.
• Watch and control 100% of the TV you already pay for on a tablet*, phone*, PC, or Mac with unlimited free apps
• View and manage DVR recordings
• Home TV interface via HDMI with live sports stats and a gallery view for easy program discovery
• Sort by program genre or set up favorites
• Integrated YouTube app and YouTube Web Gallery with top-trending videos
• Get contextual YouTube recommendations, based on the show you’re watching, at the touch of a button
• Watch on a second TV anywhere via Apple TV®, Chromecast®, Fire TV®, or Roku®*
• Access to thousands of movies with Blockbuster On Demand
• Connect via WiFi or Ethernet
• HDMI, component, and composite in/out
• Easy and quick setup on your TV screen with free live video assistance
• Absolutely no monthly fees
Ready for your own Slingbox 500? You can buy one online or even at BestBuy. Learn more info here.
Whether you’re watching the big game or just trying to watch your favorite television show on the go, Slingbox 500 is for you. What’s your favorite show on television to watch that you normally miss because life happens?