Kids just don’t get the time they need outside these days. Which is sad because playing outside is so fun and beneficial, and contributes to the physical, social and emotional well-being of children. That’s why I’m getting together to help Springfree Trampoline and KaBOOM! bring families together through safe, outdoor play and to motivate families to go outside and be active.
There are so many benefits to playing outside that I’m not sure why families don’t do it more! Outdoor play allows kids to develop their physical skills and get fresh air and healthy exercise. Playing outside also helps kids burn energy, stay healthy and enjoy sunlight with space to roam, explore and be creative, unlike sedentary, indoor games which don’t have the same benefits for children. Spending active family time outside provides a fun and safe, yet unstructured, environment for the entire family to embrace a healthy, happy and active lifestyle.
I’ve found that my kids are happier when they’ve had plenty of time to play outside. Here are some of the things that my family and I like to do outside together:
- All sorts of games to get the wiggles out – The school day is long, and recess is not, so my kids always come home a little jittery after school. The first thing they do is grab a snack like an apple or carrot sticks, and head outside to the backyard. From there, they do anything they want, like play tag, basketball, hopscotch and all sorts of imaginary games with knights, princesses, mermaids and so much more. It gives them the time they need to be creative and get out all that extra energy before they must sit down and get their homework done.
- Trampolining – Did you know that jumping for 10 minutes is the same as running for 30 minutes? (Well, I just told you, so now you do!) My kids and I love jumping on our trampoline – it’s fun, energetic and there’s so much that you can do. My kids love bringing out the hose to spray the trampoline down when it’s just too darn hot in the summer. If you’ve been thinking about getting a trampoline, I’d recommend Springfree Trampoline. It’s amazingly safe, is very high quality and will last the entirety of your kid’s childhood – plus it’s backed by a full 10-year warranty. There are no springs that pinch toes, a safety net to keep kids from falling off and so much more. In fact, Springfree is the only trampoline proven to be safe and recommended by two independent bodies – CHOICE® in Australia and Consumer NZ – as its trampolines passed safety tests with a score of 93% while the other brands tested scored between 28%-36%.
- Swimming – If you have a pool, you know what a joy it is to swim, especially during summer. It’s relaxing, cools you down and, most importantly, gets your kids active outside. And there are plenty of fun pool games for kids to play to keep them entertained for hours. If you don’t have a pool, you can always go to your local community pool, which also gives your kids the chance to play with other kids.
Backyard Summer Refresh Giveaway Details
Do you want a better backyard for you and your family to play in?? Enter for a chance to win a Backyard Summer Refresh courtesy of Springfree Trampoline and George Oliphant, television host and licensed contractor. Why you want it: The grand prize is worth up to $13,000 and includes a custom landscape courtesy of George, a Springfree Trampoline, Strider Bikes and Strider Race Course, Vegetable Garden Makeover by Burpee, Plae Shoes for the entire family plus materials and labor for the refresh. There are also nine secondary Springfree Trampoline and Strider 12 Sport Bike prize packs available (approximately a $2,300 retail value).
Enter a deserving family (or your own!) here for the chance to win. Open through May 4, 2018.
About the Campaign Partners
- Springfree Trampoline is the world’s safest, highest quality and longest lasting trampoline, creating exceptional value for getting kids outside and active while giving parents peace of mind. Springfree Trampoline’s innovative and patented design is supported by a full 10-year warranty.
- KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to bringing balanced and active play into the daily lives of all kids, particularly those growing up in poverty in the United States.
- George Oliphant is a licensed contractor and host of television show “George to the Rescue”, where he helps to rescue the homes of deserving local families.