Hip-hop icon Nas –esteemed for a quarter-century as one of the undisputed greatest MC’s of all time – fulfills a long-standing promise to himself and his loyal fans with the July 19th release of THE LOST TAPES 2 via Mass Appeal/Def Jam Recordings.
THE LOST TAPES 2 compiles selected unreleased tracks from Nas’ last four albums that he has released – Hip-Hop is Dead (2006), Untitled (2008), Life is Good (2012), and his most recent Nasir (2018). The Instagram video clip that Nas posted on June 11th teasing THE LOST TAPES 2 has received millions views to date. Nas also revealed his exclusive The Lost Tapes 2 merch collaboration with Aimé Leon Dore today. All merch items are available now at shop.nasirjones.com. Also, Nas unveiled the trailer featuring a snippet of “Lost Freestyle” produced by Statik Selektah.
On July 11th, co-headliners Nas and Mary J. Blige will commence their first tour together, at the South Florida Fairgrounds Coral Sky Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach. The North American “Royalty Tour” will run through September (Please see complete itinerary below). Prior to the tour, Nas will be headlining the 25th Anniversary Of Essence Festival, taking place July 5-7th in New Orleans.
More than a decade and a half has passed since 2002, when Nas first compiled the original volume of The Lost Tapes. That collection likewise focused on unreleased tracks that didn’t make it onto previous albums, namely I Am… (1999) and Stillmatic(2001). When Nas announced that he had a similar project in mind encompassing unreleased tracks from the past 15 years, fans rejoiced. THE LOST TAPES 2 has turned those fans’ dreams into reality.
The Lost Tapes 2 tracklist:
1. No Bad Energy [PROD. BY SWIZZ BEATZ]
2. Vernon Family [PROD. BY PHARRELL WILLIAMS]
3. Jarreau of Rap (Skatt Attack) feat. Al Jarreau, Keyon Harrold [PROD. BY EDDIE COLE]
4. Lost Freestyle [PROD. BY STATIK SELEKTAH]
5. Tanasia [PROD. BY RZA]
6. Royalty feat. RaVaughn [PROD. BY HIT-BOY]
7. Who Are You feat. David Ranier [PROD. BY ERIC HUDSON]
8. Adult Film feat. Swizz Beatz [PROD. BY SWIZZ BEATZ]
9. War Against Love [PROD. BY DJ DAHI & DJ KHALIL]
10. The Art of It feat. J. Myers [PROD. BY PETE ROCK]
11. Highly Favored [PROD. BY RZA]
12. Queens Wolf [PROD. BY DJ TOOMP]
13. It Never Ends [PROD. BY THE ALCHEMIST]
14. You Mean The World to Me [PROD. BY KANYE WEST]
15. Queens Bridge Politics [PROD. BY PETE ROCK]
16. Beautiful Life feat. RaVaughn [PROD. BY NO I.D.]