You can have your driving license for years before driving in a boxed-in car doesn’t feel like it’s enough anymore. While you may not be ready to go off and get your pilots license, you might choose to get a motorcycle license instead! There is a good chance that you might feel ready to go ahead and learn something new, but you may be apprehensive about going for it.
The motorcycle accident statistics that are out there can – of course – be worrisome, but that doesn’t mean that it should all put you off. Let’s be realistic here: everything you do – including driving a car – comes with an element of danger. Sometimes, though, you have to lean into your instincts and trust yourself that you can do something and learning to ride a motorcycle is absolutely something that you can do if you want to! With this in mind, we have six reasons to go ahead and get your license!
- There’s a thrill involved. Learning to ride a motorcycle isn’t something you just do. It is, however, filled with adrenaline and there is a thrill that comes with the freedom of flying down roads on two wheels. There is nothing quite like you, a bike, and the open road. The risk can often heighten that enjoyment, too!
- You’re going to save some cash. When you fill the car with gas, you spend a lot of cash to fill the tank and get your car moving. When you ride a motorcycle, however, you’ll spend less money, and you get double the fuel economy as a result. You can achieve more miles per gallon on a bike, which is a great reason to go for it.
- No more parking woes. There are far fewer available car parking spaces to get into at popular destinations compared to motorcycle spaces. When you choose to ride a motorcycle, you can pretty much find parking anywhere – you’ve got a smaller vehicle to park!
- You’ll make some friends. There are so many groups of motorcycle enthusiasts out there that you’ll find it easy to make new friends who share the same hobby. You’re part of a community when you’re riding a motorcycle.
- You can be an individual. When you buy a motorcycle, you can choose to trick it out and make it unique. Give it a paint job and make sure that it’s exactly as you want it to be. Having a bike of your own means that you can choose how you want to paint it and you can brand it how you would like!
- A smaller carbon footprint. A motorcycle gives off a smaller amount of pollution compared to a car. You can ride for the thrill, or you can ride for the fact your carbon footprint will be far better for the environment than that of your regular car.
There are so many more things that you can get out of riding a motorcycle, but these are the top six you need to consider.